Is a caring, boutique recruitment consultancy dedicated to the optical sector – a business built by opticians, for opticians. Our aim is to shake up the industry, to create something new – a recruitment consultancy that thinks like you, that understands your needs as employer and candidate – because we’ve been both – and breaks the rules with a new approach to swift, effective professional resourcing for permanent/resident and locum staff for your optometrist positions, optician jobs and others.
Our business was founded by our CEO, Garry Kousoulou FBDO, an award-winning optician with two and a half decades of experience, much of which has been running his own practice, which today is called Gordon Thomas Goodlooking Optics (or GTGLO Opticians).
Garry has many other strings to his bow – he’s a published author, the founder of a successful social media consultancy, and an entrepreneur.
A few more facts about our founder:
• 25 years of experience as an optician, 15 of which have been running his own practice
• CET trainer, dedicated to helping professionals in the optical sector to gain all the tools they need to grow and develop their own careers
• In 2018 he was elected to the board of ABDO (Association of British Dispensing Opticians) for the second time
• He is a published author – his latest work is Happiness at Work, The Book Your Boss Wouldn’t Want You to Read
• He was also a finalist in the Social Media Marketing Awards 2018 for the work his social media consultancy does with the optical sector
While our commercial goal is disruptive, in our approach to both sourcing candidates and charging for campaigns, our approach to client and candidate care is quite traditional – to do our utmost every day to help people to find the perfect job, one that will make them happy and one where this happiness will translate into quality of service and patient care.
If you’re thinking of moving on, call NeedAnOptom.com
But I am aware that this is a rarity – some may say an oddity! Not many people feel the way I feel about work
– in fact many do their hours, take their pay and ‘make do.’ Many of us love
our job, sometimes we just need a
small change, adjustment or a different environment. This book is for everybody that works in optics.
So, if you are struggling to find the passion for your position, the reward from your role, the willingness to work or the joy in your job, then you should read on because I’m confident what I have to share with you will change the way you look at your place in the optical sector.